Sunday 30 March 2014

second skin, another chance another dance

there's something purring in my lap

one of the [many] things i really enjoyed about the second skin class last week 
was that by Sunday afternoon 
each participant had a beautiful and unique SilkyMerino dress 
as well as a rather gorgeous infinity scarf which wouldn't fall off 
in a stiff winter wind
and that most people went home already planning their next dress 

one of those present [who goes by the name Mazzaus on her blog] 
has kindly written two posts mentioning the class

here's
and then
and here's another story
from a little further along the table

anyhoo given the Mansfield 'second skin' class filled quite quickly
Sally Harvey [proprietor of Crockett Cottage Studio] has suggested 
that it would be a good plan to offer a second sitting

such a good plan i don't know why i didn't think of it myself.

so there you have it me dears

second skin will run again on November 11, 12, 13
at the same venue in Mansfield, Victoria
 
four places have already been snabbled...
please drop me a line if you'd like more information
 and in case you are wondering what these pictures are about
i shot them on the way home from Murray Bridge 
[whence i had driven for the opening of
"How does your garden grow"]  

i love the road that curves below the hills from Palmer to Murray
it makes me want to sing Neil Young's "Heart of Gold" on repeat, all the way home
[and i did]





"Heart Of Gold"

I want to live,
I want to give
I've been a miner
for a heart of gold.
It's these expressions
I never give
That keep me searching
for a heart of gold
And I'm getting old.
Keeps me searching
for a heart of gold
And I'm getting old.

I've been to Hollywood
I've been to Redwood
I crossed the ocean
for a heart of gold
I've been in my mind,
it's such a fine line
That keeps me searching
for a heart of gold
And I'm getting old.
Keeps me searching
for a heart of gold
And I'm getting old.

Keep me searching
for a heart of gold
You keep me searching
for a heart of gold
And I'm growing old.
I've been a miner
for a heart of gold.



 

11 comments:

  1. Oh bless it's little white socks! I'm singing along with you. Heart of Gold brings back many memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't heard that song in a long while... Good stuff here, and particularly appreciative of even a internet moment with that little lap-purr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. by sewing my second silky merino shirt long enough for leggins could bring this to second skin , but no, it is not possibel - scotland ? happy those people who came there. the song new for me suits the area well and the text.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i remember when heart of gold came out, i saved my precious $3.27 and bought it. i don't think the grooves are quite worn out. still wanting to do a dress-up class with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blue sky and clouds remind me so much of New Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've introduced our kidlets to neil.... as we drive all over the land they sing along 'down by the river'... 'heart of gold' ... 'harvest moon'... 'ohio' ....'southern man' (yup neil can lead to some fascinating conversations..... and impromptu history etc lessons... gotta love neil)

    and here's where I get to again comment how I wish I could be skinning with folk.... and lament and gnash teeth and howl at the moon that I can't...

    *one day* (she says with hope)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was hoping to get to yur opeing but it wasnt to be, sometime while it is on I will get there. Love to be in Mansfield in November but that is not possible either!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am happy to hear there are others who are capable of singing one beloved song over and over for a whole trip... Thank YOU for the kind mention. My node of the net has never seen so many hits in such a short time! I've made a post with more about what we made and less of the contents of my own mind... still have one or two more in mind... and a day job to maintain that slows other things down. But has other advantages, needless to say :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pics, love that song will you be near Cleveland Ohio anytime in the future?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i don't think so...unless the Morgan Conservatory decides to invite me!

      Delete
  10. I didn't know I was the 'other' one down the table - thanks for linking to my mainly picture post!

    ReplyDelete